What is the Form I-90?

The form I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card) is the application to replace or renew a green card. You must file this form with USCIS if your green card is soon-to-expire, already expired, if it has been stolen, lost, destroyed, damaged or any other similar reason. It may sound like a long process but with Easy Immigration you will be able to do everything faster.

Easy Immigration optimizes the filing process making it more efficient. Our automation keeps you from inputing redundant information. Your information will always be safe with us, as we store the data with the latest security standards, technology, and the highest respect for your privacy.

At Easy Immigration

Our goal is to provide our clients an excellent, reliable, and safe service at a fraction of the cost of traditional legal representation.

Sign up today and begin your
immigration process on the right track!

Sign Up

How can you file Form I-90?

If you need to replace or renew your green card. If you are a permanent resident whose 10-year green card has expired or will be expiring in the next 6 months, or if your green card has been stolen, lost, destroyed or damaged in any way, these are your options:

You may file form i-90 online if:

  • Your green card has been stolen, lost, destroyed or damaged.
  • Your green card has been mutilated.
  • Your green card will expire in the next six months or before.
  • Your green card is already expired.
  • Your personal information has changed.
  • You have an invalid version of the green card.
  • You are a “commuter”, you live in either Mexico or Canada and only travel to the U.S. for work.
  • Your immigration status will be replaced with “green card holder”.

You may file form I-90 only by mail if:

  • You are applying for a reduced fee or fee waiver.
  • Your previous green card was issued but you never received it.
  • Your green card contains any error made by the USCIS
  • You received a 10 year green card before the age of 14 and it will not expire before you turn 16.

To better illustrate you we’ve come up with some brief examples:

Andres has a green card that is valid for 2 years, is he eligible to file form I-90 in order to renew it?
  • No, Andres is not able to file form I-90 because his green card is valid for 2 years, meaning he is a conditional permanent resident. He would have to file form I-751 or I-829.
Lucia is about to turn 14 and her mom wants to renew her green card even though it will expire in four years. Is it possible for Lucia to file form I-90 and renew her green card?
  • Yes, she is able to do it but if she renews her green card in the next 30 days after she turns 14 she won't be able to do it online since they will wave her filing fee.
Sam decided to change his middle name but he does not know what to do since his green card does not match his actual middle name. Is he able to file Form I-90?
  • Yes, Sam can file the form I-90 and he must renew it as fast as possible since it would not be a valid green card because the personal information in it does not match the legal one.

We are designed to be intuitive and simplify your immigration request.

Documents you need to show you are a Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident:

U.S. Citizen

  • A copy of your birth certificate, issued by a civil registrar or other civil authority showing that you were born in the United States.
  • A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS
  • A copy of Form FS-240, Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), issued by a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate.
  • A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport.
  • An original statement from a U.S. consular officer verifying that you are a U.S. citizen with a valid passport.

Lawful Permanent Resident

  • A copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551).​
  • If you have not yet received your card, submit copies of your passport biographic page and the page showing admission as a lawful permanent resident.​
  • Or other evidence of permanent resident status issued by USCIS or the former INS.​

Who May Not File Form I-90? You may NOT file Form I-90 if you fall within one of the following categories:

If you have a conditional green card, which expires 2 years after being issued. You must follow a different process to replace it with a “permanent” 10 year green card.
If you have a conditional marriage-based green card or Form I-829 (officially called the “Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status”)
If you gained U.S. permanent residence by investing in a U.S. business.

We are designed to be intuitive and simplify complex and confusing immigration processes.

Sign Up